This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student and no verbal assurances or promises not contained herein shall bind the school or the student. The school is prohibited from issuing a DE-964 if the student has not met all of the requirements for course completion, and the student should not accept a DE-964 under such circumstances. This driver education school maintains business vehicle insurance as required by the Transportation Code, Chapter 601, and uninsured or under-insured coverage.
STUDENT / PARENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I have reviewed the schools policy web page or I have been furnished with a copy of the school tuition schedule and fees; cancellation and refund policy; and school regulations pertaining to absence, grading policy, progress and rules of operation and conduct. I further realize that any grievances not resolved by the school may be forwarded to: Driver Training, 5701 Springdale Rd., Austin, TX 78723. (512) 505-0500.
CANCELLATION POLICY A full refund will be made to any student who cancels the enrollment contract before midnight of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays, after the enrollment contract is signed by the prospective student, unless the student has completed the course and accepted a certificate of completion during that period.
ATTENDANCE/ABSENCE If a student is absent in excess of 5 days of the scheduled classroom training time, he/she will be transferred to a further class or be terminated. A full hour of absence is charged to the student when he/she does not attend the full 55 minutes of instruction during a 60 minute period.
GRADING/PROGRESS Appropriate standards shall be implemented to ascertain the progress of the students. Progress standards shall meet the requirements of the current rules adopted by the commissioner of education. Mastery is a prerequisite to awarding a grade of 70 or above. Evidence of mastery shall be determined by one or more of the following methods: 1) testing 2) written assignments 3) skills performance checklist 4) comprehensive examinations of knowledge and skills. The progress evaluation record shall be the type and nature to reflect whether the student is making satisfactory progress to the point of being able to compete all subject matters within the allotted time provided in this contract.
RULES OF OPERATION AND CONDUCT A student or prospective student may be dismissed or barred from the class for tardiness, drunkenness or consumption of alcohol on the premises; rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior in the classroom; smoking or using tobacco products or being generally inattentive (sleeping, reading, etc.) during class. Students terminated for violating rules of conduct may be readmitted at the discretion of the school director.
- 1.Refund computations will be based on actual instruction received through the last date of attendance.
- 2.The effective date of the termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following: a) the last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school, or b) the date of receipt of written notice from the student.
- 3.If tuition is collected in advance of entrance and, **If after the expiration of the 72-hour cancellation privilege, the student does not enter school, terminates enrollment, or withdraws, the school may retain up to $75 as administrative expenses: and, from the remainder, shall refund that portion of the classroom tuition and fees and behind-the-wheel tuition and fees for the services not previously received by the student.
- 4.Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, including instructional supplies, books, missed driving lesson fees, laboratory fees, service charges, rentals, deposits and all other such ancillary miscellaneous charges, will be made within 30 days after the effective date of enrollment termination. A charge of $25.00 for the DE-964 certificate will be applied. A full refund of all tuition and fees is due and refundable in each of the following cases; a) when an enrollee is not accepted by the school, b) if the course of instruction is discontinued by the school at this location, or c) if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentation by the owner or representation of the school.
- 5.Refunds shall be completed within 30 days after the effective date of termination.
- 6.Classroom Instruction will be refunded at a rate of $25.69 per lesson and or $411.00 for the full course. In- Car Instruction will be refunded at a rate of $2.00 per lesson and or $14.00 for the full course.
- 7.In-Car Only Refund computations will be based on actual instruction received less a $75.00 admin fee. There are no refunds for expired contracts.
Teen In-Car Lessons = 7 Lessons, 2 hours each, Cost per lesson: $55.714 Course Rate: $390.00
Adult In-Car Lessons = 6 Lessons, 1 hour each, Cost per lesson: $65.00 Course Rate: $390.00
Adult In-Car Lessons = 2 Lessons, 1 hour each , Cost per lesson: $67.50 Course Rate: $135.00
DRIVING TIME/CANCELLATION POLICY DE Tuition includes 7 drive lessons. Failure to attend or cancel a scheduled drive lesson will result in the loss of a drive lesson. If you need to change or cancel a drive time you must sign into your Drive Time Reservation account. Drive times for Tuesday - Saturday must be cancelled 24 hours in advance. Sunday, Monday or holiday drive times must be cancelled the previous business day. Example. Sunday drives must be cancelled the previous Friday by 3:00 pm. Parents must pick up students from class on time. Arriving 15 minutes late may result in a $25.00 LATE FEE. Notice: Driving School of North Texas reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge fee as necessary.
- Tuition plus any fees or charges must be paid in full prior to the last day of classroom instruction. Student will not be allowed to attend the last day of classroom instruction if tuition is not paid. Accounts carrying a balance beyond the last day of classroom instruction will be charged an administrative/maintenance fee of $30.00
- Contract is subject to cancellation if the account maintains an outstanding balance 14 days after last day of classroom instruction.