Remote Drivers Education
Remote classes are a great alternative to Traditional and Online Classes
Benefits of Remote Classes
- Attend 32 hours of remote classes lead by a certified instructor.
- Learn from the comfort of your own home.
- Interact with the teacher and other students.
- Save money and time not traveling to and from a traditional classroom.
- Complete 14 hours of driving lessons with our certified instructors.
- Access from anywhere through a desktop or laptop computer.
Remote Classroom FAQ’s
What you need to know!
- After you enroll you will receive an email the Friday before class with information on How to Join a Remote Class.
- Your student will have 8 months (240 days) to complete the 32 hours of classes and 14 hours of in-car training.
- If you miss a class no problem, you will need to attend a future class to make it up.
- Upon successful completion of the first 6 hours of instruction, DSNT will administer the learner’s permit test. After passing, you may pick up the DE964 and take your eye test at your convenience.
- After visiting the DPS to obtain a learners permit your student is now eligible to begin their in-car training at the DSNT school location of your choice. You must complete the 14 hours of in-car training at the selected DSNT school location.
- Help Desk: Technical & Administrative assistance call 214.504.9292.
Remote Classroom Course Refund Policy
- STUDENT / PARENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I have reviewed the schools policy web page or I have been furnished with a copy of the school tuition schedule and fees; cancellation and refund policy; and school regulations pertaining to absence, grading policy, progress and rules of operation and conduct. I further realize that any grievances not resolved by the school may be forwarded to: Driver Training, 5701 Springdale Rd., Austin, TX 78723. (512) 505-0500.
- CANCELLATION POLICY A full refund will be made to any student who cancels the enrollment contract before midnight of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays, after the enrollment contract is signed by the prospective student, unless the student has completed the course and accepted a certificate of completion during that period.
- ATTENDANCE/ABSENCE If a student is absent in excess of 5 days of the scheduled classroom training time, he/she will be transferred to a further class or be terminated. A full hour of absence is charged to the student when he/she does not attend the full 55 minutes of instruction during a 60 minute period.
- GRADING/PROGRESS Appropriate standards shall be implemented to ascertain the progress of the students. Progress standards shall meet the requirements of the current rules adopted by the commissioner of education. Mastery is a prerequisite to awarding a grade of 70 or above. Evidence of mastery shall be determined by one or more of the following methods: 1) testing 2) written assignments 3) skills performance checklist 4) comprehensive examinations of knowledge and skills. The progress evaluation record shall be the type and nature to reflect whether the student is making satisfactory progress to the point of being able to compete all subject matters within the allotted time provided in this contract.
- RULES OF OPERATION AND CONDUCT A student or prospective student may be dismissed or barred from the class for tardiness, drunkenness or consumption of alcohol on the premises; rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior in the classroom; smoking or using tobacco products or being generally inattentive (sleeping, reading, etc.) during class. Students terminated for violating rules of conduct may be readmitted at the discretion of the school director.
- REFUND POLICY
- Refund computations will be based on actual instruction received through the last date of attendance.
- The effective date of the termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following: a) the last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school, or b) the date of receipt of written notice from the student.
- If tuition is collected in advance of entrance and, **If after the expiration of the 72-hour cancellation privilege, the student does not enter school, terminates enrollment, or withdraws, the school may retain up to $75 as administrative expenses: and, from the remainder, shall refund that portion of the classroom tuition and fees and behind-the-wheel tuition and fees for the services not previously received by the student.
- Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, including instructional supplies, books, missed driving lesson fees, laboratory fees, service charges, rentals, deposits and all other such ancillary miscellaneous charges, will be made within 30 days after the effective date of enrollment termination. A charge of $35.00 for the DE-964 certificate will be applied. A full refund of all tuition and fees is due and refundable in each of the following cases; a) when an student is not accepted by the school, b) if the course of instruction is discontinued by the school at this location, or c) if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentation by the owner or representation of the school.
- Refunds shall be completed within 30 days after the effective date of termination.
- Classroom Instruction will be refunded at a rate of $29.0625 per lesson and or $465.00 for the full course. In- Car Instruction will be refunded at a rate of $2.00 per lesson and or $14.00 for the full course.
- PAYMENT POLICY
- Tuition plus any fees or charges must be paid in full prior to the first day of classroom instruction. Student will not be allowed to attend if tuition is not paid.
DRIVING TIME/CANCELLATION POLICY DE Tuition includes 7 drive lessons. Failure to attend or cancel a scheduled drive lesson will result in the loss of a drive lesson. If you need to change or cancel a drive time you must sign into your Drive Time Reservation account. Drive times for Tuesday – Saturday must be cancelled 24 hours in advance. Sunday, Monday or holiday drive times must be cancelled the previous business day. Example. Sunday drives must be cancelled the previous Friday by 3:00 pm. Parents must pick up students from class on time. Arriving 15 minutes late may result in a $35.00 LATE FEE. Notice: Driving School of North Texas reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge fee as necessary.