Driving School of North Texas (DSNT) is licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety to administer the official DPS Road Test (Skills Test). Students from DSNT, other commercial driving schools, public schools, and parent taught programs, are welcome to test at our location at 6449 Coit Rd., Frisco.
Who is eligible to test? If you are between 16 and 24 years of age and have completed an approved TEEN driver education course in the State of Texas (32 hours classroom and 14 hours in car) and possess a DE-964 certificate you can test with us.
We cannot administer the test to adults 25 years of age and older.
We cannot administer the test to adults who have taken the Adult 6 Hour Drivers Ed Course
Please read through the information below regarding the DPS Road Test.
What is the cost of the driving test at DSNT?
DPS Road Test (Skills Test) – $70 (Non-Refundable)
Driving School of North Texas
6449 Coit Road, #114
Frisco, TX 75035
(We currently only offer the Road Test at our Frisco East location.)
There will be a $35 Fee for:
- Retaking test after failing;
- Retaking test because car failed inspection;
- Rescheduling due to non-compliance of documentation requirements;
- Rescheduling due to not arriving in time for test (at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled time); or
- Cancelling or rescheduling test less than 48 hours prior to scheduled road test.
To reschedule a Road Test please call DSNT
214 504 9292
Monday – Friday between 1:00 to 6:00 pm.
- All proper documentation MUST be presented at the time of check-in & the student’s car MUST pass inspection. If unable to meet ONE or BOTH of these requirements, the test will have to be rescheduled. There is a $35 rescheduling fee.
- If you need to change your scheduled date or time, you must do so at least 48 hour’s prior to the scheduled test date and time (excluding Sundays) or a $35 rescheduling fee will be charged.
- Payment must be received in order to confirm a date and time for the DPS Road Test. PLEASE NOTE – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR DPS ROAD TEST FEES.
All students who take the DPS Road Test (Skills Test) must meet the following requirements
Once the items above are completed, the student may take the DPS Road Test at DSNT. Upon successfully completing the Road Test, DSNT will provide the proper paperwork necessary to obtain the restricted Texas Driver’s License at a Dept. of Public Safety Office.
- Be between 16 and 24 years old.
- Held a learner’s license (learner’s permit) for 180 days. (This date will be shown on the back of the permit).
- Have completed the FULL Teen Drivers Ed program which consists of 32 hrs of classroom instruction,14 hours of behind the wheel training & the 30 hour parent log and possess the original DE-964, or PTDE-964 certificate of completion.
- Must have completed the MANDATORY 2 HOUR “Impact Texas Teen Drivers” (ITTD) video. (ORIGINAL ITTD Certificate of Completion is required).
DOCUMENT AND VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
It is your responsibility to make sure that the documents listed below are brought into the office when arriving for the test. If any of these documents are missing, you will not be allowed to take the test and must reschedule and pay $35.00 rescheduling fee.
- Valid and NOT Expired learner license (learner’s permit)
- ORIGINAL COMPLETED DE-964 or PTDE-964 Certificate of Completion.
- Parent Driving Log and the Behind-the-Wheel affidavit if a parent-taught driving program was completed (Teens Only).
- ORIGINAL completion certificate for “Impact Texas Teen Drivers” (ITTD) video. The certificate is available for printing after completing the course on-line.
- State of Texas Form: DL-40 Supplemental Examination document (provided by DSNT).
- Proof of valid, unexpired automobile liability insurance for the car being used for test. The Texas Liability card must be brought with the documents for check in. We cannot accept an electronic or digital copy.
- Car used for the test must have a current registration sticker on the windshield and proper license plates on the car. It is state law that a car registered in the state of Texas MUST have a metal front and back license plate ON the exterior of the car unless there is a valid Texas Buyer’s paper plate for a recently purchased vehicle. Dealer “In Transit” plates are not acceptable. NOTE: After March 1, 2015, the inspection requirement became part of the registration process and a separate inspection sticker is no longer required.
: A valid Verification of Enrollment (VOE) form must be issued by the teen student’s High School. This is NOT a requirement to take the Road Test. It is a requirement to obtain a teen’s restricted driver’s license at the DPS