Teen Drivers Ed Online
On-Line Classes + DSNT In-Car Lessons
Online Drivers Ed that fits your schedule!
Learning to drive is not a rite of passage. It’s not a game or cool app. It’s a life skill. Driving is the only dangerous thing most people do every day, and it requires a certain skill level if you want to survive today’s challenging roadways.
Driving School of North Texas has teamed with Virtual Drive to offer you a choice to complete the 32 hours of driver education with traditional classroom setting or Virtual Drive’s on-line course. With either option you’ll learn to drive in our cars with our highly trained certified instructors.
- The Very Best In-Car Training: You learn to drive in our car with skilled instructors.
- Ultimate Convenience: Handle everything from your computer except the driving.
- Flexible Schedule: Driver education that works around your busy schedule.
- Integrated Curriculum: Our online course blends seamlessly into our in-car training.
- Experience: Over 80 years of combined driver training experience.
What you need to know!
- Once you enroll and we have processed your order you will be contacted by a DSNT representative who will provide you with instructions on “How to Log-on”.
- Your student will have 8 months to complete the 32 hour on-line course and 14 hours of in-car training.
- Upon successful completion of the first 6 hours of online classroom instruction the student can take the learner’s permit test. After passing, you will print the DE-964 certificate. This certificate is necessary to obtain the learner’s license at the DPS office.
- Once your student has obtained a learners license they are now eligible to begin their in-car training at the DSNT school location of your choice. You must complete the 14 hours of in-car training at the selected DSNT school location.
- Upon successful completion of the 32 hour online DE course, you will print your final DE 964 certificate.
- The 14 hour in-car DE-964 completion certificate will be issued by Driving School of North Texas.
- Help Desk: Technical assistance call 1.806.418.2474, Administrative assistance call 972.492.0099.
Pricing / Refund Policy for Teen On-Line Course
Pricing $440.00 ($350.00 In-Car & $90.00 On-Line Course)
On-Line Course Refund Policy
The following applies only to the fees associated with the on-line course.
Types of Refunds
- Early Withdrawal- Never started course
- Withdrawal- Customer withdraws from course after beginning Module 1
- Expired- Customers contract expired
- Transfer Customer wishes to transfer to traditional classroom environment
Customer is eligible for a full refund
A $60 administrative fee & $25 DE 964 certificate fee is charged for customer who begin Module 1 but withdraws prior to completing Module 05. Failure to complete the course requires cancellation of Learners License. No refund after completing Module 5.
- Contract Expires – 8 months from initial login.
Not eligible for a refund
If a student wishes to withdraw from the Online course and enroll in a DE class, a refund will be calculated for the Online Bundle and issued to the student. The student will need to enroll in the DE course and location of their choice and pay for the new class at that time.
DSNT In-Car Refund Policy
Customer is eligible for a refund of the in-car lessons at a rate of $50.00 ($350.00 / 7 lessons) per drive. A processing/administrative fee of $60.00 & $25 DE 964 certificate fee will apply to all refunds. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written notice. Any outstanding account balances will be deducted from final refund e.g. missed driving lesson fees.
- Expired contracts are not eligible for a refund
- Expiring contracts are eligible for an extension. All extension are subject to current extension policies. See the web site at www.drivingschoolofnorthtexas.com for more detail.